Peta's favourite add on's
Co-founder of Fettle, Peta Rogerson, shares her favourite add on's.
I have had a very rewarding sporting career, playing Touch Football for Australia for over 10 years. During my time representing at this elite level I always prided myself on my peak physical fitness. I believe this gave me longevity and the ability to play injury free at the highest level for as long as I did.
I would quite often find myself at the end of a session thinking to myself ‘that was a good session but I need to add on one more thing’. Does anyone else get that feeling? Or am I just the strange one? Anyway, here are a couple of great add on's I like to do at the end of a training session to feel completely satisfied. Give one of them a go next time.
"Just one more."
5 minute burpee add on
- Complete 5 burpees (yes full chest to the ground) every 30 seconds for 5 mins
- This gives you a total of 50 burpees
4 minute pop squats add on
- Complete pop squats for 30 seconds, have 30 seconds rest, repeat 4 times
- This gives you a total of 2:00 minutes of pop squats, 2:00min recovery time
- NOTE: a pop squat is when you do a squat with your legs together and then pop up off the ground and land with feet wider than shoulder width apart and do a squat….and continue.
Shuttle run add on
- Mark out 20m and complete as many shuttle runs as you can in 1 minute
- Have 1 minute rest
- Go a second time and try and beat your score